Why participate in this 6-week course?
After several years of practicing and coaching Ayurveda, I have come to realize that most Ayurvedic practices are foreign to the Westerner mindset with very little understanding of the importance of these practices and why we should do them. This series supports each participant to create a sustainable lifestyle in order to prevent disease and promote longevity.
We are what we eat is an expression that most of us are familiar with. We are also energetically effected by what we ingest through our senses of hearing, touching, seeing, tasting, and smelling. These experiences, leave physical, mental and emotional impressions that shape who we are and who we can become.
Tanmatra Chikitsa are subtle therapies used to target the five senses and transform the internal landscape of the body, mind and spirit. Exploring the sound of mantra, the touch of Abhyanga or Marma, the vision or Chromotherapy or Yantra, you will learn how to open up pathways to your own inner pharmacy.
In this 6 week course, we will work with tanmatra chikitsa and other therapies for healing.
Ayurveda Becomes Tangible
For most people, Ayurveda seems to be a very esoteric practice, when in fact it is very tangible. By practicing Five Sense Therapies (Tanmatra Chikitsa) and daily rituals, one can get a true sense of the benefits of Ayurveda. In my humble opinion these simple, yet very profound practices are the quickest path to wellness.
The Course Modules
Module 1 – The Cause of Disease and Suffering & Your Ayurvedic Constitution
In this module, you will become empowered with an understanding of the cause of disease and your unique constitution. Understanding the cause of disease and suffering forms the foundation for understanding yourself on all levels of body, mind and soul.
Module 2 – Constitution & The Mind/The Nature of Your Imbalances
This module will provide an opportunity to learn the nature of your mind, which has the same basic constitution as your body. You will also learn the nature of your imbalances, which is key to restoring and maintaining health and well-being.
Module 3 – Healing Your Life Through Diet
Our five senses are portals through which we interact with the world. Through our senses we take in that which leads to health and well-being or to disease or disharmony. In this module, you will come to understand food in a whole new way, including the extraordinary importance of how you eat your food.
Module 4 – Healing Your Life Through Touch & The Healing Rhythms of Daily Life
The art of Ayurvedic touch therapy is the art of knowing what type of touch will bring harmony and healing to you.
Module 5 – Healing Your Life Through Aromatherapy & Vision
Through our senses of smell and vision we take into our body, mind and consciousness impressions that can either lead to health and wellness or to disease. In this module, you will have the opportunity to create your own customized aromatherapy spray and to learn a color meditation, both based on what is most balancing for you.
Module 6 – Healing Your Life Through Sound
What effect do different forms of communication have on your health and well-being? What types of music will support your healing, and what types are not healthy for you. In this module, you will experience sound through the lens of Ayurveda, empowering you to make health-giving choices regarding the sounds that you bring into your life.
Are You Ready to Use Your Five Senses to Heal Naturally?
In this course, you will uncover:
• Understanding the cause of disease from an Ayurvedic Perspective
• Learn more about your Dosha, and how to bring balance to your unique prakriti or energetic body
• Begin to work with Healthy Eating Guidelines and eat according to your Dosha or Constitution
• Utilize touch to bring harmony to the body through Abhyanga or Self Massage
• Learn about Vision and Aromatherapy from an Ayurvedic Perspective
• Use sound healing to balance your chakras and energetic body
The Ritualist – 6 Week Ayurvedic Wellness Program
Tuesday, September 27 – November 7, 2022 from 2 – 4 pm ET
Your Instructor, Paige Pearman
Paige is an Ayurveda and Integrative Health Practitioner, Ayurvedic Body Worker, and yoga instructor. Paige received her Ayurvedic training from the California College of Ayurveda. Before her career in the Healing Arts, Paige received her BA from Mills College and her MPA from the University of Louisville.
It was after a physical life trauma changed Paige’s health picture that she began using Ayurveda and yoga to help her heal her life. In 2015, Paige completed her Level 1 Core Power Yoga Training in Boulder, CO. Shortly thereafter, Paige completed her RYT 200 hour with Baptist Yoga affiliate. Through her love of yoga, Paige found Ayurveda, the Sister Science to yoga, the oldest form of holistic medicine.
- Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist, California College of Ayurveda, Nevada City, CA -2022
- Ayurveda Health Coach, California College of Ayurveda, Nevada City, CA
- Integrative Health Coach, IHP
- Yoga Health Coach, Yoga Healer
- Marma Therapy, Level 1, California College of Ayurveda, Nevada City, CA
- Advanced Marma Therapy, California College of Ayurveda, Nevada City, CA
- Ayurveda Bliss Therapy (Abhyangha, Shirodhara, Swedena), California College of Ayurveda, Nevada City, CA
- Ayurveda Facials, California College of Ayurveda, Nevada City, CA
- Ayurveda Dough Basti, California College of Ayurveda, Nevada City, CA
- Ayurveda Pinda Swedena, California College of Ayurveda, Nevada City, CA
- Ayurveda Nasya, California College of Ayurveda, Nevada City, CA
- Ayurveda Shanti Komala Basti (Medicated Enemas), California College of Ayurveda, Nevada City, CA
- 200 Hr. Yoga with Baptist Yoga Affiliate
- Core Power Yoga, Boulder, CO
- BA, History and French, Mills College, Oakland, CA
- MA, Public Administration and Urban Planning, University of Louisville. KY
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
This VIRTUAL course starts Tuesday, September 27 from 2 – 4 pm. It continues each week for six weeks until Thursday, November 7, 2022. A Zoom link is provided inside the platform for all LIVE, interactive calls. Calls will be recorded and shared for replay inside the platform.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own.